Ontario Electricity Support Program
As a customer of an electricity utility, if you are in a lower-income home, you may qualify for a reduction on your electricity bill. The Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP) will reduce the cost of your household electricity by applying a monthly credit directly to your bill. The credit amount will depend on how many people live in your home and your combined household income.
Visit OntarioElectricitySupport.ca for more information and to sign up to receive OESP updates by email, or call 1-855-831-8151.
Low-income Energy Assistance Program
To assist customers with limited financial resources, the Ontario Energy Board has introduced the Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP). LEAP consists of three special programs:
- Emergency financial assistance
- Special rules for qualified low-income customers
- Ottawa River Power does not administer the LEAP program nor does it handle applications or support for the program directly. For further information or to apply to the program, please visit:
- Ontario energy board website regarding leap.
- The United Way or call 1-855-487-5327