Applicant Information Rate Plan Selection (Required)
Choose the type of rate plan you wish to have applied to your account. For more information on rate plans, please visit www.orpowercorp.com/my-home/tou-customer-choice/
Time-of-Use Tiered Pricing Service Address
Please provide the address for the location to which the application for electric service is required
Will the address requiring service be owned or rented? (Required) Landlord Name
Please provide the name of the landlord for the property requiring service.
Please provide the address for mailed communications (bills, notices, etc.)
Same as service address
Please provide the address of your last place of residency
Do you wish to add a secondary name to your account? (Required)
Adding a second name to your account will allow this person to request information and potentially make decisions related to your account. Please ensure to consider this before adding a second user. Also be sure to contact our offices to remove secondary users in the event that they are no longer approved to contact ORPC on your behalf.
Secondary Name on Account (Required)
Please add the legal name of the person you wish to add to your account.
Identification Pre-Authorized Payment (Required)
Ottawa River Power offers pre-authorized payments directly from your bank or financial institution. This service provides a convenient way to ensure your bill is paid on time. Upon registering your account for this service, your bill(s) will be automatically withdrawn from your account on the due date of your bill (or on the nearest business day). If you would like to register for PAP, please download and fill out the following Pre-Authorized Payment Plan details and upload an image of a void cheque.
Pre-Authorized Payment Information Name on bank account
ORPC offers two payment plan options. Exact Payment Plan will debit your bank account on the due date for your hydro account every month for the full amount due, this includes current balances or any outstanding balances. Budget Payment Plan will debit your bank account based on the monthly average, and the
amount may be revised from time to time due to changes in consumption and/or rates.
Please attach a photo of the front of a void cheque matching the banking information provided above.
Accepted file types: jpg, jpeg, png, gif. Payor's Pre-Authorized Debit Agreement (Required)
I/we authorize Ottawa River Power Corporation and the financial institution designated (or any other financial institution I/We may authorize at any time) to begin deductions as per my/our instructions for monthly payments and/or one-time payments from time to time, for payment of all charges arising under my/our Ottawa River Power Corporation account(s). Regular payments for the full amount of services delivered will be debited to my/our specified account on the day agreed upon with Ottawa River Power Corporation. Ottawa River Power Corporation will provide 10 days written notice of the amount of each regular debit. Ottawa River Power Corporation will obtain my/our
authorization for any other one-time or sporadic debits.
This authority is to remain in effect until Ottawa River Power Corporation has received written notification from me/us of its change or termination. This notification must be received ten (10) business days before the next debit is scheduled at the address provided above. I/We may obtain a sample cancellation form, or more information on my/our right to cancel a PAD Agreement at my/our financial institution or by visiting www.cdnpay.ca.
Ottawa River Power Corporation may not assign this authorization, whether directly or indirectly, by operation of law, change of control or otherwise, without providing at least 10 days prior written notice to me/us.
I/we have certain recourse rights if any debit does not comply with this agreement. For example, I/we have the right to receive reimbursement for any PAD that is not authorized or is not consistent with this PAD Agreement. To obtain a form for a Reimbursement Claim, or for more information on my recourse rights, I/we may contact my/our financial institution or visit www.cdnpay.ca. I agree to the Pre-Authorized Debit Agreement Deposit Waiver (Required)
The requirement for a security deposit can be waived under one of the following conditions: Sign up for Pre-Authorized Payment or; Provide a Letter of Reference from previous utility (gas, electric, water) or; Provide proof of annual income less than $30,000.00 or; Previous accounts with ORPC were in good standing. If none of these options are applicable to you, you will be required to provide a security deposit to open your account. ORPC staff will reach out to you to request a deposit based on historical usage at the property after you submit you application.
Letter of Reference
Please choose an option for how you would like to provide a letter of reference.
Letter of Reference Upload (Required)
Please upload a PDF or image of your letter of reference. If you do not upload a copy of your reference letter, or you a deposit charge will be applied to your account after 30 days.
Proof of Annual Income
To provide proof of an annual income of less than $30,000.00, please upload a copy of your Notice of Assessment or; a copy of a recent paystub or; a letter from your ODSP worker.
Terms and Conditions Consent (Required)
1. The authorized rates may be revised by the Corporation from time to time, subject to the approval of the Ontario Energy Board.
2. The Customer agrees to provide convenient and safe space, free of charge or rent, for the Corporation’s meters, wires and other appliances on the said premises, and further agrees that no one who is not a servant or agent of the Corporation or otherwise lawfully entitled to do so, shall be permitted to remove, inspect or tamper with any of the said equipment of the Corporation, and that the properly authorized servants or agents of the Corporation shall, at all reasonable hours, have free access to the said premises for the purpose of reading, examining, repairing or removing the said meters, wires and other appliances.
3. Meters and all other equipment of the Corporation on the said premises shall be in the care and at the risk of the Customer, and if destroyed or damaged, other than by ordinary wear and tear, the Customer shall pay to the Corporation the value of such meters and equipment, or the cost of repairing or replacing the same.
4. If at any time a bill for service or energy
under this contract is in arrears or if the Customer fails to perform any other obligation hereunder the Corporation may, in addition to all other remedies, discontinue the service and/or terminate the contract, and upon such termination the Corporation may remove the meters and other equipment installed by it on the Customer’s premises.
5. The Corporation agrees to use reasonable diligence in providing a regular and uninterrupted service, but does not guarantee to a constant service or the maintenance of unvaried frequency or voltage, and will not be liable in damages to the Customer by reason of any failure in respect thereof.
6. This contract shall not be binding upon the Corporation until accepted by it through its authorized officer, and shall not be modified or affected by any promise, agreement or representation by any agent or employee of the Corporation unless incorporated in writing into this contract before such acceptance.
7. A security deposit shall be collected from each Customer as per the prescribed deposit policy.
8. The point of delivery of service and energy hereunder shall be a point on the premises of the Customer satisfactory to the Corporation. The Customer shall take delivery at the said point and shall from that point provide all works necessary, and shall construct, maintain and operate the said works safely and efficiently with proper devices, all in accordance with the Regulations of the Ontario Energy Board.
9. This contract will continue in force for a period of one year from the date on which the service is connected and shall continue in force thereafter until terminated by at least one month’s notice in writing given by either party to the other.
10. This contract shall be binding upon the parties hereto, and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, successors or assigns, and the vacating of the premises herein named shall not release the Customer from this contract except at the option and by written consent of the Corporation.
11. All electrical equipment of the Customer shall be subject to the approval of the Corporation, but such approval shall not be unreasonably withheld, and the Customer shall maintain and operate the said equipment so as not to cause more than minimum disturbance to or fluctuation in the Corporation’s power supply.
12. Ottawa River Power Corporation’s rates are in accordance with the Ontario Energy Board.
13. Under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, Ottawa River Power Corporation is collecting this information for billing and collection purposes only.
Ottawa River Power will make every effort to ensure bills are accurate; however, billing errors can occur. Ottawa River Power reserves the right to collect under billed amounts at any time.
Your personal information is collected on this form by Ottawa River Power Corporation under the authority of the Electricity Act,1998, S.O.1998, c. 15,Sched.A.
• To confirm your identify, respond to your inquiries and maintain business relations with you;
• to deliver and maintain electricity service;
• to bill and collect payment;
• to establish your credit worthiness;
• to register you for pre-authorized payment;
• for legal, regulatory and market operations requirements;
• to help prevent or investigate fraud, theft of power or other breaches of the law;
• to provide you with information about our services, the electricity industry, energy conservation and rates;
• to request your participation in surveys or contests; or
• to notify you about events or causes sponsored by Ottawa River Power Corporation or our affiliates.
If you have any questions about this collection, the ways in which your personal information may be used by Ottawa River Power Corporation, or would like further information about our privacy policies, please contact: