Wednesday September 23, 2015
On September 23, 2015, The City of Pembroke will experience an emergency planned city wide power shutdown as Ottawa River Power Corporation will complete critical pole replacement on the 44Kv distribution system. In order to minimize the impact of the disruption, to our valued customers, this outage will occur between the hours of midnight to 4 am on Wednesday September 23.
“Providing the residents and businesses of the City of Pembroke with reliable, efficient, cost effective power is our primary objective”, stated Denis Montgomery, ORPC President and CEO, “as part of delivering that quality and service we do have to continually upgrade and maintain the distribution infrastructure.”
This is a situation where we can control and minimize the impact on our customer base, regulating the time and duration of the outage. During an unplanned emergency situation all such considerations do not exist.
The planned outage will result in more than 6000 customers without power during the wee hours of September 23rd. “Our team has planned the outage to ensure that work is completed safely and proficiently while ensuring that any inconvenience is minimal,” stated Montgomery.
In preparation for the outage, residents and businesses with generators should conduct an inspection and test of their equipment to ensure that it is at optimal working efficiency. An emergency preparedness checklist is available on the ORPC website at www.orpowercorp.com.
Thursday September 3, 2015
- Ottawa River Power Corporation conducted some routine maintenance work to their distribution system on New, Miller and Perth streets in Pembroke. Power was out for 2.5 hours from 9 am to 11:30 am.
Wednesday August 5, 2015
- Ottawa River Power Corporation conducted some maintenance work to their distribution system in the Martin St. North area of Almonte on Wednesday August 5, 2015. Power was out between 8 am and 12:25 pm, a total of 9 customers were affected.
Sunday, May 3, 2015
- Hydro One initiated a power outage to the Killaloe area, affecting ORPC customers. The planned outage took place at the Killaloe Distribution Station for the purposed of setting a pole and installing ABS. ORPC used this outage to perform routine maintenance work on our infrastructure. The outage was scheduled from 7am to 11 am but lasted until after 1pm for Hydro One to complete the scope of work.
Thursday, April 9, 2015
- There was a planned power outage for vegetation maintenance in the Pembroke area. Approximately 20 customers (feeder 6-1) were affected by this outage which lasted roughly 2 and one half hours.
May 23, 2014
- Customers in the Martin St. North area of Almonte can expect some short power outages over the next few weeks as we are completing maintenance work in the area. If we expect the outage to last more than an hour, we will advise customers in writing (in advance). If less than an hour, we will knock on the door (same day) to advise. If you have any questions, please call our Almonte office at: 613-256-3722.