Privacy Notice to Customers of Ottawa River Power Corporation.
Ottawa River Power Corporation (ORPC) is pleased to be your local electricity distributor. Providing you with a reliable source of electricity requires that ORPC collect and keep certain personal information about you. We are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and we have developed policies and procedures in compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
ORPC may collect personal information that includes:
- Information we receive from you, such as your name, address, contact information and general financial, credit and reference information.
- Facts about your historical and current consumption of power.
- Information about your transactions with us, such as meter number, account number, account balances, payment history, and account activity.
- Identifying information, such as a driver’s licence number.
Ottawa River Power Corporation uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide you with electric services and to bill you for those services.
- To assist us in the collection of accounts.
- To respond to your inquiries about energy billing.
- To conduct customer service surveys and inform you about conservation and energy management tools and resources.
- To prevent fraud with respect to both you and our company.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Because of the structure of the electricity sector in Ontario, it may be necessary to share your billing and consumption information with third party billing and settlement agencies. For example, if you have signed a contract with a retailer, then we may provide your billing and consumption information as required by law or regulation. Our billing, settlement and regulatory relationships with third parties are governed by licences and codes established by the Ontario Energy Board.
How is customer personal information protected?
What rights do customers have to access my personal information?
You have the right to request access to the personal information that ORPC has collected and to request amendments to personal information about you as well as to ensure its accuracy and completeness. To make a request for access to this information or to amend any personal information, please contact or visit our office at 238 Pembroke St. West. We can be contacted via email at email@example.com